This workshop is going to be done on three different levels. The reason being is that there is so much to cover and I have weaved in some exercises to help give the students to get a handle on their self esteem.
The first level is defining self esteem:
- What exactly is it?
- Why does it have such an impact on our lives and our choices?
- How does society impact our self esteem?
- How do our parents impact it?
- How does it play such a significant part in all areas of our lives from our performance as students in school, our relationships with loved ones, significant others and finances, our choice of career, etc?
Self-esteem isn’t just about standing up for yourself; that is, what Caroline Myss (the author of the audiobook, Self-Esteem: Your Fundamental Power) would describe as; “playground self-esteem”.
The second part is how do we develop self-esteem:
- Developing self esteem involves looking at the parts of yourself and your past that you don’t want to look at. It means taking accountability.
The third part is how being an empowered person changes your life:
- How will it change your relationships with family, friends & partners?
- How will it change your life?
- Your career?
- How will your handle that change?
- Will you go back to your old ways or stick to your guns?
Bring is a notebook; preferably a 3 subject notebook so you can take notes and journal in one book.
Admission: $10 donation to the Silver Broom Ministries